When users access their app for the first time, they are prompted to set their preferences for a more customized app experience. Users can easily allow the app to send push notifications and/or track their location through the first few welcome screens.
IMPORTANT! QuickSeries takes your privacy very seriously. Your location history is never stored, so you can rest assured that your whereabouts always remain confidential.
1. Once the app has been launched, you will be greeted by the Welcome screen. Click on GET STARTED to begin your setup.
2. On the Push Notifications screen, click on ALLOW if you would like to receive alerts when there are new updates, announcements, etc. (Select ASK ME LATER, if you don’t want to receive push notifications right now.)
3. In the popup window, click on ALLOW to confirm your selection.
4. Next, select ALLOW if you’d like the app to use your current location to enhance your user experience with region-specific information. The app will then use your GPS coordinates to determine your location.
NOTE: This feature requires your permission to let the app use your location while it is not in use. See STEP 5 for more information.
5. In the popup window, make your selection: ALLOW ONCE (just this time); ALLOW WHILE USING APP (only while app is open); DON’T ALLOW (will never track your location).
If you selected DON’T ALLOW, skip to STEP 9.
6. In the next popup window, select when the app can use your location: only while using the app OR always – regardless of app usage.
7. Click on GO TO SETTINGS to set your location preferences. (Or select DON’T TRACK MY LOCATION if you change your mind.)
8. In the Settings menu, click on LOCATION. Then, select ALWAYS from the list.
a. Slide the PRECISE LOCATION button at the bottom of the screen ON if you would like the app to use your specific location. Slide it to OFF if you only want it to determine your approximate location.
NOTE: Using your approximate location may affect the relevance of the alerts you receive.
b. Click on the name of your app in the top-left corner to exit Settings and return to the app.
9. On the ZIP Codes screen, click on + ADD A ZIP CODE to ensure the relevance of the alerts and notifications you receive.
10. Enter your ZIP code and a label (e.g., “Home,” “Work,” “School”), and press ADD.
11. Click DONE to complete this onboarding process (or +ADD A ZIP CODE to add another location).
And you’re done! Your location has been customized and you’re ready to start enjoying your app.