Portal administrators can tailor their app side menu to meet their unique needs. From grouping specific modules to adding web and phone links, you can personalize your side menu so that high-priority information is instantly accessible by users.
1. To begin, select SETTINGS from the bottom of the left-hand menu.
2. Within the Settings page, select APP MODULES & LINKS.
You can customize your side menu, manage module privacy settings and create module access codes.
Within the APP MODULES & LINKS page:
1. Select the MODULE & LINKS MANAGER.
You can view the modules in your app, where they are assigned and if they are set to Public or Hidden.
2. Click on EDIT on the right to begin modifying your side menu.
NOTE: Use the back arrow on the top left to go back to the previous page at any time.
3. Click on CREATE in the top-right corner to add external links, email links or phone number links directly to the side menu.
4. In the next text box that appears, add your new text and link, set it to Side Menu or Module Access Code and select whether it is Public or Hidden.
5. Click on the icon to the left of the text box to change the icon.
Choose your preferred icon from the popup window that appears. Click CLOSE when done to save your changes (or RESTORE DEFAULT ICON to discard your changes).
6. Click SAVE on the top right of the page to save your new link.
Note: Select REMOVE under the text box to delete your new entry.
And you’re done! Your new module and link will automatically appear in your side menu like so:
Control how your modules appear in the side menu by changing their order or grouping certain modules together.
1. Within the APP MODULES & LINKS page, select SIDE MENU CUSTOMIZATION.
To REORDER Modules:
1. Click on EDIT in the top-right corner.
2. Click the dots to the left of each module name to drag and drop it in a different location on the menu.
Which will instantly appear like this:
3. Press SAVE in the top-right corner to save your changes.
To GROUP Modules:
1. Click the CREATE GROUP button in the top-right corner.
2. Add the group name in the popup window. (This name will appear above the items placed within that group in the portal and on the app.) Then, click SAVE in the bottom-right corner.
A red box with the new group name will appear at the bottom of the page.
3. Drag and drop items from the side menu into the box (click on the group of dots on the left).
Note: Edit the name of the group by clicking EDIT or ungroup the items by clicking UNGROUP in the top-right corner of the box.
4. Organize and reorder groups by clicking on the dots to the left of the group name, holding down your mouse and dragging and dropping them into place.
5. Press SAVE in the top-right corner to save your changes.
Note: To delete your changes, click the THREE DOTS in the top-right corner and select DISCARD.
And you’re done! Your reordered and grouped modules will automatically appear in your side menu like so:
Control how and where eGuides are accessed within the app (e.g., within the Library module, from the side menu).
1. Click settings and choose EGUIDE MANAGER from the menu on the lefthand side.
2. Check the box to the left of the eGuide you would like to assign, then select ASSIGN TO in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Choose where you would like the selected eGuide(s) to appear (side menu, access code, Library module), and click SAVE to confirm your selection.
Note: Select UNASSIGN to remove an eGuide from an assigned location.
Note: Go to the Module Access Codes section for more information on assigning an access code to an eGuide.
4. For more information on a particular eGuide, select it, right click and choose VIEW DETAILS.
A new window will open. Select EDIT in the top-right corner to make any assignment changes.
Click SAVE when you’re done and press the BACK ARROW to go back to the eGuide Manager page.
5. To alter the assignment of an eGuide(s), select one or more eGuides and right click. Choose ASSIGN TO and follow STEP 3 above.
Note: Only eGuides assigned to the same location can be selected and reassigned at once.
And you’re done! Your eGuide(s) will automatically appear in their new assigned location like so:
To reorder or group your eGuides, see the Reordering & Grouping Modules section above.
To change your eGuide icons, see the Managing Modules section above.